All Blog Posts With Tag:
Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield
- The Errors of Inerrancy: #1 The Church has never possessed an inerrant Bible : September 27, 2016
[The Errors of Inerrancy: A ten-part series on why Biblical Inerrancy censors the Scriptures and divides Evangelicals.]
The Errors of Inerrancy: #1. The Church has never possessed an inerrant Bible.
No one person or church has ever possessed an inerrant Bible, because Biblical Inerrancy “strictly speaking, applies only to the autographic text of Scripture” […]
- George Hunsinger on the Pathogenicity of Rationalistic Calvinism : July 11, 2015
B. B. Warfield’s famous “The Order of Decrees” chart from The Plan of Salvation is figured above. I’ve colorized the chart so that the darkest swim lanes are those most endorsed by B. B. Warfield (and most exemplifying Rationalistic Calvinism.)
George Hunsinger referenced B. B. Warfield’s famous “Orders of Decrees” chart (see […]
- Sign of the Gospel: Why my children are being baptized : October 25, 2013
My family has been members for years at Mars Hill Church. I served there in various ministries, as a Deacon, and for the past two years as a Pastor. This summer, we left Mars Hill to join Trinitas Church, a church plant within the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). Although […]
- John Calvin’s Epidemiological Method [Institutes I.i] : February 14, 2013
The opening sentences of the Institutes of the Christian Religion are almost as famous as the entire book itself,
“Nearly all the wisdom we posses, that is to say, true and sound wisdom, consists of two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves. But, while joined by many bonds, which one […]
- Ten Theologians That Have Influenced Me (2011) : February 22, 2011
Here is my "Top Ten List of Most Influential Theologians." I'll quickly stress that the following theologians have influenced me the most, and only contains books that I've read too. I've excluded authors, if I've only read one of their books too. Some...
- Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield: An Introduction : November 14, 2009
Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1851 - 1921) or commonly known as B. B. Warfield was an amazing American Presbyterian minister and prolific writer that you need to get to know better. I found four volumes of B. B. Warfield's "works" at half price books...